Ralph Koehler studied industrial engineering with a specialization in mechanical engineering at the Technical University Darmstadt and started his professional career in 1990 at KPMG Peat Marwick Treuhand GmbH in Frankfurt as audit assistant in commercial services. With KPMG he gained experience in auditing industrial and commercial companies, banks, due diligence investigations and IT audits. In 2001 he went to Ernst & Young in Frankfurt and helped to build up the IT auditing and consulting area. He left Ernst & Young as a partner in 2009. From 2003 to 2008, Ralph Koehler was part of the IT specialist committee of the Institute of Auditors.
His main areas of activity today include:
- Examination of industrial and trading companies according to HGB, IFRS and US-GAAP
- Consolidation with LucaNet or DATEV
- Interim management and restructuring advice
- Internal audit activities
- Data analysis/ programming using P/L SQL, Oracle APEX and Visual Basic
- Chamber of Auditors (WPK)
- Association of German Engineers (VDI)
- Youth for Understanding (YfU)
- DATEV e.G.